I wanted to give you my top ten facts about what we’ve accomplished by working together.
1. It’s official. Over 1,000 nannies will be attending a National Nanny Training Day event tomorrow. There are 30 events in 27 cities.
2. Several events filled up and had to move to larger rooms to accommodate all the nannies that wanted to come. Some sold out and had to turn people away.
3. Many event organizers have lots of nannies attending that they don’t know. What a great job of reaching new people in the local communities.
4. We’ve had a lot of employer participation and support, some called organizers directly to get more information on how to pay for their nanny to attend.
5. In total, NNTD events are giving away over $6,000 in raffle prizes.
6. 6 charities have been supported by our events.
7. Cooperation has been a driving theme. Both support groups and agencies have organized events. We have support groups working side-by-side with multiple agency partners to co-host events and we had multiple agencies hosting events in the same city (both sold out). And the organizers’ board has been a place of support and idea sharing.
8. We’ve gotten several newspaper write-ups, spotlights on NAEYC affiliate sites and one radio show. And a lot of social media sharing.
9. For the first year ever, nannies have been a voice in Week of the Young Child, the largest childcare awareness event around.
10. We’ve proven, once again, nannies (and the agencies that place them and the tax services that support them) ROCK!!!
Oh, and next year’s event is on Saturday, April 20, 2013. Save the date.