Great PR and recruiting events don’t come along all that often in our business. Normally we have to work pretty hard to make things happen. But next month you have the opportunity to jump on the National Nanny Training Day bandwagon and ride the wave of positive press and quality nanny recruiting opportunities. Oh yeah, it’s a great cause too.
By supporting your local event, your agency can…
• be part of the biggest event EVER in the nanny industry, we’re expecting 2,000 nannies at 39 events across the country.
• get invaluable positive press exposure. Events across the country are already starting to generate press interest and that will only grow as the event date approaches.
• connect with the local “nannies in the know”. It’s the perfect way to tap into that informal yet powerful word-of-mouth network in your area and the social media sphere.
• show parents you value training and quality care, a great selling platform.
• show nannies you support them in a real world way, a cornerstone of nanny loyalty.
You’d think that every agency would jump on the bandwagon. But not all will. Some don’t understand how having a better trained nanny pool actually makes selling their services easier. Some don’t recognize the power of nannies to generate business with both caregivers and parents. Some don’t know how to leverage a positive message and goodwill. Some can’t see the opportunities in cooperative events. And some just don’t value the nannies they work with. I’m hoping you’re not part of that group. I’m hoping you’re ready to jump on board with this unique opportunity and help promote your local event.
Your nanny support group has done an amazing job of planning a high quality, low cost training and networking event. They’ve doing the heavy lifting, finding and securing the venue, lining up top notch speakers, snagging great raffle prizes and goodie bag items, and getting area nannies registered and excited to attend. They’ve sold over 65% of their tickets but everyone is working to put that “sold out” sign up.
You can help by spreading the word over the next few weeks to the nannies on your mailing list, facebook page and twitter feed. This doesn’t take much time or effort but it can go a long way in helping your local group reach a wider nanny audience. If you’re really in the spirit, you can send out a mailing to your parents too, suggesting they purchase a ticket for their nanny.
If you’re willing to share the information, please let me know and I’ll send you specific copy for your area. All you have to do is copy and paste.